The Coffee Runner

Staying sane one cup of coffee at a time

Life Problems

2 Comments

Lately I’ve been faced with a number of personal problems that I feel need to be shared either for the sake of sharing or for advice or whatever. Here’s the list:

1. I feel full after eating literally two bites of anything. It’s strange. It’s not like I’m rushing through meals either. I’m eating my normal diet which is 95% healthy. The other 5% is sweets which have never bothered me. I’m active as hell and usually can gobble down any meal. Perhaps it’s because I’ve been a little less active lately so maybe my body is adjusting to the lower calorie needs? Maybe it understands I don’t need an entire platter of wings or sushi to replenish my muscles. Hmm…

2. Following that, I haven’t been feeling too great lately either. I’ve felt either tired or sick or just queasy. I can’t move as fast as I used to and I don’t feel as strong. I’m getting enough sleep, definitely. Almost too much. I’m not eating anything different. I just feel…mentally and physically drained.

3. I haven’t been exercising nearly as much due to the fact that life gets in the way and I want my body to take a break from all of the constant stresses of exercising.

4. I feel like I am slowly losing sight of all of the hobbies I used to have interest in and floating through life. I thought I was well over this stage in high school and thought it was over but apparently not. I hate these days where I feel like I just floated through. And to be honest, I’m kind of tired of just doing nothing.

5. No spontaneity and nothing new is really starting to get to me.

6. I need to go on a long bike ride after this breakfast and feel renewed.

7. I want to be able to deadlift again and hit some new personal bests in my lifting routine

8. I want to be financially stable again and be able to pay off my student loans and receive my diploma. It’s bothering me that I just blow money on food and drink mostly. Coffee mostly, go figure. I need to be much more frugal with my money.

9. I want real friends, not just the type who talk about each other behind each others’ back or only enjoy your compnay when they’re under the influence. Real friends, the ones I had in high school.

10. Mostly,  I want my boyfriend to come home from Virginia. He’s in the Guard and is training down there. I want him home and safe and I want him in my arms.

Advertisements

Author: Shelby Akers

I'm Shelby. I'm 22. I like running , biking, lifting heavy weights, good reads, making music, writing stories, drinking beer, drinking gin, drinking wine and good fucking coffee. Balance and moderation are the keys to life.

2 thoughts on “Life Problems

  1. Aww.. sweetie. You are growing up! Yes, welcome to the adult life. Boring? Yes. But way more rewarding than you think. I think is time for you to take a vacation, travel around for 15 days at least, and think things over. One of the reasons why I started the Magazine was because I was sick of carrying dirty dishes back & forth. You also have to excercise the brain & soul muscle. If you don’t do it, something inside you starts dying and this is when you become frustrated and turn into a b*tch spreading sh*t all around you. As a creative person, the only way you will feel ALIVE acknowledged and happy with yourself is when you find success with your own book, your own rock band, coffee shop, handcraft store… you name it. latinfoodie@gmail.com

    • Thank you Mario! Again much appreciated!!!!! I actually ended up having a wonderful day today. You’re right, the brain is just as important. It needs to be worked, fed and nourished as well as the body. I think I have finally learned that balance is key. I know it sounds simple, but it’s true! Balance and moderation in anything and everything. (Butyou can never have too much coffee…LOL) Thank you again!!!!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s